Sunday, June 6, 2010

God is always actively working in you!

Philippians 2:13: For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

If you think God 'used to work' in you, but now no more, consider again. If you think God has plans to 'by-pass' you, consider again. If you think God has 'forsaken' you, consider again. Philippians 2:13 in my Bible says otherwise. Let's take God at His Word. In fact, the phrase 'works in you' here is a 'present participle tense', which actually means 'always working actively in you'. So, I can paraphrase Philippians 2:13 this way: 'For it is God who is always working actively in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure'.

Beloved, if you have committed a wrong (or made a mistake) in the past, and you deeply regret it, don't linger in it anymore, whatever it may be. Don't punish (or even hate) yourself anymore. The blood of Jesus washes them all, and you are 'white as snow' again. But you've got to let go all those 'if onlys' and regrets. Closing of an old chapter, and beginning of a new chapter. It's time to behold Jesus again. He has carried all those 'wrongs' 2,000 years ago on the cross. 'To behold Jesus' is more than just 'to look to Jesus'. 'To behold Jesus' is 'to experience, to embrace Jesus'. His name is not just Ye-shua (God the Savior), but He is also your personal 'Immanuel' (God is with you). He loves to 'embrace' you again, and He wants to live in you always (& of course, He will never leave you nor forsake you). As a daddy to my little girl, Sophia, I love to embrace her in my arms, tight as can be, and smell her (especially her hair). One day, the Lord gave me a revelation how personal He is to me & how much He loves me. He said, "not only I love to embrace you in My arms, or 'smell' you (or your hair), I even count the strands of your hair everyday!" Wow! It never dawned upon me to go that far with my Sophia! But God does it to me, and I know that's how much He loves you too!

He, your Immanuel, is 'always & actively' living & working in you. His 'working in' you leads to you 'working out' your God-given will (desires), and the ability to do it (Philippians 2:12-13). Too many people in this world try to 'work out' something (or try to make things happen) by their own self-effort. But as a believer, allow Him to 'live in you' & 'work in you' first, and from here, He will birth forth new things (& good things) through you, just like 'the rivers of living waters' that flow out from you (John 7:38).

Imagine you are at the rapids now, and as you bring your 'canoe' into the fast-flowing river, its 'current' begins to bring you forward. It's the same in your life as a believer. You are like the 'canoe', and He is like the 'fast-flowing river' (who is always & actively flowing). In all His wisdom, He is always & actively leading you forward, and into your victory, in every area of your life. You see, it's definitely easier with the river 'current' than to move your 'canoe' with your 'paddle' on a dry river bed!

Today, as you begin to behold Him, I see new 'ideas' flowing through you, and out of you. I see favor flowing through you, and out of you. I see good health flowing. I see prosperity flowing. I see wisdom flowing. I see shalom peace flowing. In short, all that you ever needed is found in His embrace. When you have Him, you have every good thing! After all, He is the Source of all good things in your life!