Sunday, July 3, 2022

How to meditate on God's love?

How to meditate on God's love? What are the ways you can meditate on God's love? We are going to tackle these questions today. It is not limited to just one way, but there are a number of ways how you can meditate on God's love. 

Why is it so important to meditate on God's love? When you have the revelation how much God loves you, you can be sure nothing in this world can affect you, no matter what happens around you or what circumstance you face in this world. You can be sure even when everything else in this world fails, God's love for you never fails. And He knows how to lead you, guide you, and make a way for you, even in the most tumultuous of times.

To begin with, Joshua 1:8 (NKJV) says, 'This Book of the Law (in our context, the Scripture, the Word of God) shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.' 

This word 'meditate' here is 'hagah' in Hebrew, and it can have many meanings. In other words, this word 'hagah' is quite wide in its scope. According to James Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, it can mean any of these: 'to ponder, to imagine, to mutter, to roar (i.e. to speak aloud, to declare), to speak, to study, to talk, to utter'. 

As you can see here, there are a number of ways to meditate on the Word of God. For example, there is a place to silently ponder or contemplate on a Bible verse that the Lord has spoken to you. Yet there is a place to speak it out aloud for your ears to hear.

Also, there is a place to mutter it, i.e. to speak under your breath. To mutter, according to Oxford Dictionary, can be defined as 'to speak or say something in a quiet voice that is difficult to hear (i.e. only you can hear, but people around you may not be able to hear). It can also be defined as 'words that you speak very quietly to yourself'. Therefore, to mutter is to speak to yourself and not for other people to hear.

Back to the word 'meditate' or 'hagah'. You can see there are eight main definitions of this word, i.e. to ponder, to imagine (these are silent), to mutter (i.e. to speak under your breath to yourself and not for other people to hear), to roar (i.e. to declare it out aloud), to speak, to talk, to utter, and of course, to study the Word of God. So, to meditate is also to study what God says about you. 

We can meditate on different aspects of God's characteristics. But for today, we will just focus on God's love. I will show you 12 points on God's love from the Bible as an example, using New King James Version as the basis, but personalized for you. You can ponder or contemplate on each of these Bible verses. Or you can mutter it or utter it, speaking it over and over again to yourself. 

1. I love God's name. God looks upon me and is merciful to me, and He will direct my steps with His Word (Psalm 119:132-133)  

2. I am precious in God's sight and He loves me and honors me (Isaiah 43:4)

3. Nothing in this world can separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:35)

4. In all things, I am made more than conquerors through God who loves me (Romans 8:37)

5. I have the love of God, and God's love for me never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8) 

6. My Lord Jesus Christ and God my Father, who has loved me and given me everlasting consolation and good hope, comforts my heart and establishes me in every good word and work (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)

7. I love Jesus and rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory (1 Peter 1:8)

8. I have no fear in love, because perfect love casts out fear. I love Him because He first loved me (1 John 4:18-19) 

9. God is love. I am born of God and I belong to God. I receive the love of God now and I can love one another (1 John 4:7-8)

10. God abides in me and His love has been perfected in me (1 John 4:12)

11. The life which I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20)

12. I have hope, and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in my heart by the Holy Spirit who was given to me (Romans 5:5) 

Click here for the full teaching in TiC YouTube Channel