Saturday, October 16, 2021

I saw vision of torchlight shining in the cave

Every week, we seek the Lord for the timely revelation in the Word to be released to you. 

In the past week, while I was praying and seeking the Lord, I saw a vision of a powerful torchlight being switched on and shining into a dark, pitch-black, deep cave

I asked the Lord what this vision meant, and the Lord said, "This is a time to let Me search your heart and your soul. For My Spirit is like a 'torchlight' that shines through the darkest cave. Look to Me, My people, and let Me bring 'light' to these areas of your life and bring fresh hope in your life, be it your past hurts, wounds, shame, or failures."

Some of you recently have been having dreams about certain not-so-nice situation or happenings in your past. Do not fear. Because God is shining His light into that time of your life, or that area of your life, in order to set you free, restore you, and give you a fresh new hope. 

I'm bringing you now to a psalm of David, Psalm 139. I believe this is a time for us to meditate on this whole Psalm 139. I start from the very end part of Psalm 139, which is verse 23 and verse 24. It says, 'Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me. And lead me in the way everlasting.' 

The word 'search' here is 'chaqar' in Hebrew. It means 'to penetrate', like the light penetrating into the darkness, even into your darkest past, wounds, hurts, shame, or failure. Maybe your darkest days happened during your teenage years, or your early 20's, or anytime in your past. Maybe it's a certain bad experience that you have wanted to let go, but it just kept haunting you again. Maybe for some of you, it was a sexual abuse, or for others, you have been a victim of terrible bully. Let the Lord shine His light, or penetrate ('chaqar') into those time (or areas) of your life. Why? Because the Lord wants to set you free, restore you, and give you a fresh new hope, going forward! 

So, there's a release right now. This is your time of being set free, so you can look forward and look ahead in your life!

Now, let's read Psalm 139 verse 23 and verse 24 from another Bible version, The Expanded Bible. It says, 'God, examine [investigate; search] me and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any bad thing [hurtful way] in me. Lead me on the road to everlasting life.' 

You see, the word 'search' here isn't just regarding your past, i.e. your past wounds, past hurts, past shame, or past failures; but it's also regarding your present spiritual condition or spiritual state of your life. Let the Lord search that as well. 

As you allow the Holy Spirit to search you even in your current situation or current condition of your spirit and soul, some of you may even suddenly have this realization, "Wow, how can I be so wicked in this area?", or "How can I think such wicked thoughts against so and so?" 

God is also searching (like the torchlight) any hidden motives, hidden intentions, or hidden desires, especially fleshly desires that are not from the Lord. For example, to have more fame, to want to be known by many more people, to have many more followers so you can flaunt it, etc. Now, this applies for some of us ministers of God as well. What is your motive when you say you want to have a bigger ministry, a bigger church, or a bigger stage? Is it because you really want to be a blessing to others, to many lives? Or is it because it feeds your ego?

You see, there are many areas in our life that God is in the midst of shining His 'torchlight' (into our spirit and soul). Why does God want to do that? Because He wants to prepare us for a greater future - both here on earth and also in eternity!

I'll go right up to the beginning part of Psalm 139 now, from verse 1 to verse 4. Notice this psalm begins and ends with 'search' (the same word 'chaqar'). It says here, 'O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.' 

In other words, God knows when we sit down and God knows when we stand up. God knows our thoughts even before we think them. God knows everything we do. Nothing escape His eyes. Even before we say a word, He already knows it. Why? Because He is the Omniscient, All-knowing God. And one very interesting thing about this statement 'God knows your sitting down and rising up' is that even such insignificant thing as you taking a seat or standing up at any time of the day, God takes notice. No, it's not to restrict you, but to watch over you. 

From Psalm 139 here, we know that God has perfect knowledge of you and even your future! You know what this means? There's nothing to fear if you have Him in your life! Jeremiah 29:11 says His thoughts for you are thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. So, be rest assured that even if the world falls apart or the world falls into deep trouble or tribulation, still there's nothing to fear! Because God knows all and God sees further. God will know how to make a way of escape for you! Because His thoughts for you are always thoughts of peace, of future, and of hope! The Word of God says so!

David has this revelation when he wrote Psalm 139. David acknowledged that nothing could escape God's eyes. And one thing for sure is David was a worshiper of the Lord, and he has a close and personal relationship with his God. You see, David knew very well that this God of his, whom he worship, isn't just a Creator of all things, of heaven and earth, including his own life; but this God also cares for him enough to search him. No, not to find fault or to accuse him of wrongdoing, but so that God could guide him and lead him into the right ways! David knows God wants the very best for him! 

'David' means 'Beloved'. You too are a beloved of God, and God wants the very best for you too! So, be like David. You can present your life before the Lord and say, "God, search my heart. Show me if there's any area that You want to correct me or change me." And God will surely come in, like a torchlight that shines into one's life! And you are blessed, because the Lord will begin to guide you and lead you, even the way forward!

So, be prepared. This is the time God wants to go deeper in your life. God wants to go even more personal in your life. There's nothing to hide from God. You may be hiding things from your friends, from your associates, or from people around you, but with God, don't hide! Just let God shine His light into any area of your life, and the more you allow Him to shine His light into your life, the better! Remember, God will never lead you into trouble. God will always lead you into better things, if you allow Him. Amen!

Click here for the full teaching in TiC YouTube Channel