Tuesday, September 18, 2018

There is protection in God's presence

The Lord gave me a dream the other day. In the dream, I was in my father's house, and there was a commotion outside in the streets with huge groups of motorbikers looting and causing trouble. But we in the family were kept safe and protected, as long as we stayed inside the house. The looters and trouble-makers somehow did not try to enter our house.

Every time I have a dream about my father's house (the house where I grew up as a child), I would take note, because to me, my father's house has always been a 'picture' of 'my Abba Father's house', or 'being in God's presence'. 

This time, as I woke up from the dream, I immediately knew it has to do with believing for God's divine protection. As long as I stayed 'inside the house', I was kept safe and protected! This reminds me of Psalm 91:1-4 (NKJV) that says, 'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler.'

Indeed, God is assuring us that He is still a faithful Protector, no matter what happens around us. Trust in Him, who is your refuge and your fortress. And never let anyone make you waver in your trust in Him! The word 'dwell' in Psalm 91:1 is an interesting word. In Hebrew, it is 'yashab', which can mean 'stay, remain, continue, sit in quietness, return'. Do you notice the word 'return' here? I can also therefore say 'he who returns to Abba Father's 'house' shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty'!

Looking at what's happening around the world at the moment, there is no doubting that we are living in an increasingly dangerous and perilous times (Luke 21:25-28, 2 Timothy 3:1-5). Be it an increase in natural disasters or in crime, there seems to be no place that is particularly safe in this world! No, not even in some of the most liveable cities in the world! The truth is there's only one really safe place to be, and it's none other than being in God's presence

The word 'cover' in Psalm 91:4 is another interesting word. In Hebrew, it is 'sawkak', which means 'protect, defend, join together (with you)'. This verse can therefore mean the Lord is joining together (with you) for your protection. In other words, He wants to be involved in it together, just as a good earthly parent would for his (or her) beloved child! 

When Jesus died for you on the cross, He already had in His mind to carry your troubles and sufferings, so you can have shalom peace now. Jeremiah 29:11 says, 'For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope'.

People of God, know that God's will is (and will always be) for your safety and protection. Let no one make you think otherwise. Because He is a good Abba Father to you (Psalm 34:8). The Word of God says so. Trust in Him therefore for your divine protection, and continue to stay in His presence, because that's where the enemy cannot touch you. Amen!