Monday, February 28, 2011

Receive His shalom peace!

John 14:27(NKJV): “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid”.

Notice the words ‘leave’ and ‘give’ here. Just as a good parent leaves inheritance for his/her children, Jesus says this to you, “Peace I leave with you”, and “My peace I give to you”. And when there’s this word ‘give’, there’ll be someone who would ‘receive’. People of God, receive His peace. And this peace is not as the world gives, but the ‘shalom’ peace that only Jesus can give. 

So, no matter what ‘storm’ you may be facing at the moment, know that the “I AM WHO I AM”, the ever-present God (YHWH) is in you, and everything’s going to be alrightReceive His peace (that surpasses all understanding) for your family, your ministry, your business, your career, or in any other area of your life. Remember Mark 4:37-39? There was a great storm surrounding the boat, but when Jesus, the Prince of Peace, arose and said “Peace, be still!”, the storm ceased, and all was calm again. Today, as a believer, this same Prince of Peace is in you right now, and when He is in you, again I say, "Everything's going to be alright!" He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).

Now let’s look at King Solomon in 1 Kings 5:3-5.
1 Kings 5:3: “You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet”.
1 Kings 5:4: “But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurrence”.
1 Kings 5:5a: “And behold, I propose to build a house for the name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spoke to my father David”.

The Bible says Solomon had ‘peace’ on every side all around him (1 Kings 4:24). You see, David can’t ‘build’ God's house because he was a man of war, and was always fighting against the foes. But in peace and rest, Solomon could! 'Building a house for the name of the Lord' was definitely one of Solomon’s calling in his life, and the Bible says God gave him great wisdom to accomplish this ‘project’! (1 Kings 5:12)

In fact, the name ‘Solomon’ is ‘shlomoh’ in Hebrew, which means ‘peaceful’. And this word ‘shlomoh’ comes from the root word ‘shalom’, which means ‘peace, prosperity, health, rest, safe, wellness, wholeness’. In 1 Kings 5:3, notice that what David has done for Solomon is a ‘picture’ of what Jesus has done for you on the cross some 2,000 years ago! And just as David has fought all the battles so Solomon could 'build' God’s house in rest & peace, Jesus has also ‘fought all the battles’ for you on the cross, so now you have rest & peace to ‘build’ what God has called you to 'build'!

Let me reiterate this again: Because of what Jesus has done for you on the cross (His blood was shed for you, and His body was wounded for you), you can now receive His peace & you can now have rest in Him. The cross has made all the difference, and therefore, you’ll also be able to ‘build’ what God wants you to ‘build’ in your life! Hallelujah!

So, people of God, despite whatever 'storm' around you at the moment, or whatever 'bad news' you may have heard in recent days, this is the time to receive His shalom peace! Jesus says, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you". Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. The devil may try to get you out of this place of 'peace & rest' so that you can’t ‘build’ what God wants you to 'build', but never allow him! Continue to stay in this place of ‘rest’! Continue to stay in this place of ‘shalom’ peace! And this can only be found in Christ Jesus, not as the world gives. Stop your striving, stop your worrying, and be at rest, be still and know that He is God, the Prince of Peace who is in you!