Thursday, May 7, 2009

Like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against the enemy

Isaiah 59:19b: When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

If you check the Hebrew dictionary for this word ‘flood’ in Isaiah 59:19, you’ll realize that we are not talking about the enemy’s flood that try to destroy us, but instead it’s God’s flood that sweeps away the enemy and his works.

The word ‘flood’ in this verse is ‘nahar’ in Hebrew. It means ‘great waters, God’s running waters.’ It can also mean ‘prosperity, sparkle, cheerful.’ So when the enemy tries to come in, attack us, or swarm us, like a ‘nahar’, like a flood, God will lift up a standard against him, putting to flight and chase away the enemy.

Who is this ‘enemy’? He is our ‘adversary’, satan and his works of darkness. Let us cross refer to Psalm 90:5 and Isaiah 28:2 about God’s flood that sweeps away the enemy and his works. Psalm 90:5 says, ‘You (God) carry them (enemy) away like a flood.’ Isaiah 28:2 says, ‘Behold, the Lord has a mighty and strong one, like a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, like a flood of mighty waters overflowing, Who will bring them down to the earth with His hand.’ Wow! It means when the enemy tries to swarm and overpower us, the Spirit of the Lord shall raise a standard against it, like a great flood of mighty waters.

The power of the Holy Spirit has come on the church since the day Acts 1:8 came to pass, when ‘we shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon us.’ And the Spirit of God will lift up a standard against the enemy and its works. The word ‘standard’ here means ‘banner’. Our God is the Jehovah-Nissi, the Lord our banner, our victory (Exodus 17:15). Praise the Lord! When we raise a ‘banner’, it is a sign of victory and triumph.

So, friends, if the ‘adversary’ tries to attack you, or swarm you, be it in your personal life, in your church, or in your land, know this: the Lord will lift up a ‘banner’ against it. The Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit has already been given to the church. Begin to commune with the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14), pray in the spirit, take authority in the spiritual realm, and we will triumph, putting to flight, chasing away the enemy by the power of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the living God! In fact, God has been raising up many intercessors at the spiritual forefront in this end-time. God is raising us up for such a time as this, friends. And God promises that ‘no weapon formed against us shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against us in judgment, God shall condemn. This is our heritage as the servants of the Lord, and our righteousness is from the Lord (Isaiah 54:17). Amen.

24 comments:

  1. Very encouraging, thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more of you blogs. God Bless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i believe you are correct. as i have been reading more and more, i see that the Lord will wash away our enemy like a flood. i have tasted and seen. i, too, look forward to reading more of your blog. -jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God... I was praying for my friend today and saw this very scripture verse in my thoughts.. God had placed it.. so I googled it and found this article.. I thank God for your works.. in writing.. I pray God blesses you even more and honors your writing. Thanks again for this. God bless.

    Libsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring. It could be said that in the English translation, they simply put the comma in the wrong place. In that case the verse would read, "When the enemy comes in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him." It changes the visualization a great deal, doesn't it? Thanks very much for your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. just what i needed to hear...Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is very powerful. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kenneth i found this very helpful, God bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I googled the flood and found your article on this subject. I am so blessed with the way you wrote this article. May the blessing continue to overflow in your life and generations to come in jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I googled raising up a standard because it has been on my heart lately that I am to speak on this. Your blog says exactly what I have been feeling in my spirit. God's Word is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you sir;
    I linked this to my blog. Authority.
    see: http://climbingtherock.livejournal.com/tag/authority
    Blessings,
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Kenneth may the LORD raise up a standard for me now and forever more. Your blog is powerful and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen of BermudaJune 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM

    My Brother,
    This is exactly what the Lord gave me upon my bed last night! One little comma in the RIGHT PLACE, IS POWERFUL.

    Yes, 'When the enemy comes in, LIKE A FLOOD THE SPIRIT OF GOD WILL LIFT UP A STANDARD AGAINT him!!!!!!!!!!!!'

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS IS A GOOD EXPOSITION.IT IS WONDERFUL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your gifts and for being used by Our Sovereign GOD's Holy Spirit. This Word was desperately needed for me right now. Favorable Blessings Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today is July 14, 2012. I'm telling you this because I want you to see how God's Word never goes void...even when you wrote this blog in 2009, I am sure that you did not know that it was just what I would be looking for today but God did! :) This year, in the USA, we are voting for a new president. Of course the debates are ongoing and the candidates are lamblasting one another on the internet! But this year, we seem to be hearing more lies and "mud slinging" than usual and evil and darkness seem to hang heavily over it all! Last night as I was praying, my spirit seemed to automatically cry out for God to "raise a standard!" So today I Googled it and found this site! Praise the Lord! I was blessed - you wrote just what my soul needed to hear! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo. I attended my cell group last night and this verse really stood out for me. This morning it felt like Jesus was far away from me and I was tempted do something wrong. But this verse, together with "It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me" kept me strong and the Spirit of the Lord raised a standard against the enemy! And guess what, when I took a shower I danced for joy and exalted Christ in my body. May God bless u and continue to post articles and so make a difference in the lives of others!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praise God! I found this earlier this year and for some reason I lost all of my favorites, but I prayed and I was determined to find this site again and God lead me back. I am going through right now and satan is trying to steal my joy along with my sons that I have constantly prayed over and taught the word of God. Thank you my Dear Sweet Brother for sharing this word. I know it is from the LOrd and We will Prevail in JESUS SWEET NAME! MY BOYZ ARE MIGHTY MEN OF GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was truly a blessing to have this scripture on my mind and then decide to google and find your site. Thank you so much for breaking this down, it was such a blessing to read. Please continue to allow god to use you to minister the true word of God, not adding or subtracting to His word. God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you man of God, you truly show your relationship with the Holy Spirit. Your insight into God's word is on point. After reading your thoughts on this scripture, I see this scripture as a powerful weapon a believer can use against the many manifestations of the spirit of Satan. God bless you for correctly dividing the Word of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My Pastor mentioned this scripture in bible study so, I decided to google it today. I thank you for sharing and explaining this scripture more in-depth. May Yahweh continue to richly bless you. I am blessed and highly favored in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  21. God richly bless you. I was trying to understand the meaning of standard in this scripture. Now it is clear. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hallelujah! Bless the Lord. Thank you for these words.This is a message from the true and living God. Let Him, (The Lord) keep using you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A right now word then, a right now word today. December 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here is another scripture to add to your collection Kenneth. 2 Samuel 5:20 ESV / 15 helpful votes

    And David came to Baal-perazim, and David defeated them there. And he said, “The Lord has burst through my enemies before me like a bursting flood.” Therefore the name of that place is called Baal-perazim.

    ReplyDelete