Monday, April 23, 2018

No longer forsaken, nor shall your land be desolate!

Isaiah 62:4 (NKJV): You shall no longer be termed Forsaken, nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate; But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; For the Lord delights in you, and your land shall be married.

The word 'Hephzibah' in Hebrew means 'My delight is in her', whereas 'Beulah' in Hebrew means 'Married', which speaks of all of us (the bride of Christ), married to the Bridegroom, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself!

Isaiah 62 is a chapter on the Lord's assurance for 'Jerusalem' (the city, literally). But 'Jerusalem' here can also be a 'picture' of you and I (the people of the Lord). In Isaiah 62:1, the Scripture says, 'For Zion's sake I will not hold My peace (keep silent), and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, and her salvation as a lamp that burns'.

I heard these words from the Lord recently:
"Tell My people I will not give up on them, even if they feel like giving up! Tell My people I will not cease until I see My light and brightness fall upon them! Tell My people I will not rest until I see them established according to My purposes in their lives! For I am a God who never leaves them nor forsakes them!"

The word 'Jerusalem' ('Yeruw-shalayim' in Hebrew) has two parts in it, namely 'Yeruw', meaning 'founded on a flow of (living) water', and 'shalayim', meaning 'founded peaceful'. In other words, 'Jerusalem' is a city founded on a flow of (living) water, and a city founded with peace! This is what the Lord had intended for this city to be! The flow of (living) water (i.e. 'a river') here represents 'the Holy Spirit flowing', as this city awaits for the coming of the Bridegroom (the Lord Jesus Christ Himself), who is the Prince of Peace!

Your life, by the way, is like a city! Each city has a unique personality and identity. So are you! Each city has unique features and characteristics. So are you! And there are twin cities or sister cities too, just like some of you who have twins or sisters!

People of the Lord, what 'city' are you? The Scripture tells us that you are meant to be like 'Yeruw-shalayim', a city 'founded on a flow of (living) water', and a city 'founded peaceful'! This is what the Lord had intended for your life to be! So, no matter what problem (or issue) you may be facing in your 'city' at the moment, and no matter how troubled your 'city' has become, there is hope for your 'city'! Indeed, this is your time to boldly ask and receive all the promises of the Lord in Isaiah 62!

In Isaiah 62:8-9, the Scripture says, 'The Lord has sworn by His right hand, and by the arm of His strength; "Surely I will no longer give your grain as food for your enemies; And the sons of the foreigner shall not drink your new wine, for which you have labored. But those who have gathered it shall eat it, and praise the Lord; Those who have brought it together shall drink it in My holy courts."'

And in Isaiah 62:10, the Scripture says, 'Go through, go through the gates! Prepare the way for the people; Build up, build up the highway! Take out (remove) the stones; Lift up a banner for the peoples!'

People of the Lord, this is your time to 'go through the gates', and walk into greater things in life! This is your time to 'take the highway route', because a time for acceleration is at hand! This is your time to 'lift up a banner', because a time for victory has come! Receive all these for your time and season right now! In Jesus' name. Amen!